Unfortunately, we all suffer from acne. Whether it’s acne throughout puberty, adult acne, back acne or hormonal acne; acne can be caused by excess amount of oil, bacteria, dead skin cells, ingrown hairs, and fluctuating hormones. About 17 million Americans suffer from acne and thus makes it the most common skin condition among adults and children – so don’t worry, you’re not alone!
The product solutions are endless
It can get confusing and overwhelming when you’re trying to get rid of acne. There’s so many products and different price points. But, you definitely do not have to break the bank to get clear skin.
Before spending a small fortune, here are some homemade face masks you can try:
- 2 TBSP of Honey and 1 TSP of Cinnamon
- How to: Wash your face with your favorite cleanser and then proceed to mix the honey and cinnamon together and apply the mask onto your face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry with a towel
- ¼ cup Yogurt, 3 TBSP Aloe, 1 TBSP Coconut Oil, 1 TBSP Almond Meal
- How to: Mix ingredients in a bowl together and apply to your face. Leave on for 15-20 minutes and remove the mask with a warm washcloth
- Baking Soda and Honey Exfoliating Mask - 1 TBSP Raw Honey, TSP Baking Soda, and 1 TSP Coconut Oil
- How to: Mix until it forms a paste. Apply the mask onto face and avoid your eyes, mouth, and eyebrows. Rub it in and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Finally, rinse away with warm water and pat dry with a towel
Don’t forget to hydrate.
No matter what your skincare routine is, you need to moisturize your face afterwards. It’s so important. Masks, like the ones above, are meant to clean and refresh your face but none of that work will be worth it if you don’t moisturize after. For acne-prone skin, Skin MD Shielding Lotion is a savior. This lightweight formula is fragrance-free and will give your face a fresh, plump feel! Specifically formulated with plant botanicals including chamomile, the formula helps to reduce inflammation which causes acne - and calms redness and irritation that forms along with it. It is like applying a soothing gel that boosts your skin’s natural protective barrier to heal using its own oils.
Check out some of our before & afters to get inspired.