There has been a lot of buzz about botanical skincare in the beauty industry lately, but believe it or not these botanical ingredients have been used on the skin for decades. So, what is botanical skincare? Botanical skincare tends to have an essential mix of plant-based ingredients. Plant-based ingredients contain extracts from flowers, plants, herbs, fruits, roots, grass, spices and bark.
How Exactly Are Different Types of Botanicals Good for Your Skin?
- They can help reduce itching and dehydration that comes with eczema.
- They can help clear up your acne.
- They have anti-aging properties, which help calm and firm the skin.
- They moderate redness and help soothe sensitive skin.
Questioning which botanical ingredients you should be adding into your skincare routine?
Here are the top 10 to look out for:
- Aloe Vera – moisturizes skin, boosts healing wounds, fights skin-aging and boosts the healing process of acne.
- Grape Seed – improves your skin’s elasticity and softness.
- Green Tea – prevents aging skin and clears clogged pores.
- Arnica – helps to soothe muscles aches, heal wounds, and reduce inflammation
- Comfrey – helps new skin cells grow and reduces inflammation
- Rose – has anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce redness
- Marine Algae – has anti-aging properties that break down collagen in the skin
- Chamomile – has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can relieve skin irritations
- Jojoba – fades fine lines and wrinkles
- Witch Hazel – helps to tighten up pores and helps with razor bumps
Skin MD Shielding Lotion is filled with botanical l ingredients that will take your skincare to the next level. Unlike many skincare products which only have botanical ingredients as "window dressing", Skin MD's formula is made of 35% Aloe Vera and also includes Chamomile, Arnica and Comfrey. It is a fragrance-free, lightweight lotion that can soothe and plump the skin and makes for a great solution if you have acne prone or sensitive skin.